Community Involvement & Charitable Donations
K17 Security believes strongly in giving back to the community. We have local roots and in turn, we support local. Community outreach, love of country and goodwill for others is deeply ingrained into our mindset and company structure. We regularly support and donate our security and consulting services to the following organizations. By doing business with us, you allow us to continue supporting these life-changing organizations.
K17 officers are professional, dependable, and experienced. I believe that having their presence has reduced the likelihood of any issues that might detract from the purpose of these events. I would highly recommend then to others!
Thank you to K17 Security for providing security for the 2nd Annual Warrior Ride & Car Show benefiting Operation Second Chance. Great people supporting great causes.
Awesome having K17 Security at the car show today! Love, love, love our officers!
Y’all are the best security team I have ever met. Thanks for all the support!
Some causes we’ve helped support:
- American Cancer Society – Eight or more times a year, we donate our time and services for the American Cancer Society (Relay for Life & Making Strides against Breast Cancer events). We have been assisting the ACS since 2007 and expand our role year after year.
- Operation Second Chance – We support Operation Second Chance, Inc. which assists wounded servicemen and women recovering at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (Bethesda, MD) as they transition back to duty or civilian life.
- Platoon 22 – We donate security services to Platoon 22 which was formerly 22 Needs A Face. Platoon 22 is a local non-profit focused on supporting veterans suffering from post-traumatic stress.
- Bubba’s Belly Run – We donated our time and services for a local event that supports “A Soldier’s Child Birthday Foundation and Friends Never Forget”.
- The Special Olympics – We have donated time and services to support the Special Olympics.
- Wounded Warrior Project – We provide annual monetary donations to the Wounded Warrior Project and Concerns of Police Survivors (C.O.P.S.).
- Patty Pollatos FUND – K17 Security was s one of the sponsors for a 2017 concert and a 2017 raffle to support the Patty Pollatos Fund. The Patty Pollatos Fund, Inc. is a 501-c-3 and was established in memory of Patty Pollatos who died of cancer on September 18, 1992. Mission is to raise money for needy cancer victims, Alzheimer’s, Heartly House, Red Cross, Scholarship money for our youth and other worthy charities in the Frederick and surrounding areas.
- Childrens Miracle Network Hospitals – In 2014 K17 Security began making monetary donations to the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals and continue to strive to become more involved in the future. We support local companies and charities and are regularly looking for additional chances to get involved.