The K17 management team, instructors and consultants are all highly skilled professionals. Their level of education, ongoing training and real world experience are unique even when compared to other security professionals. The K17 owner and management team are current sworn police officers assigned to specialized roles within local departments. These include Special Operations Division, Special Investigative Division and roles specifically focused on proactively keeping people safe. This ensures that our management team is current and up to date on the latest security knowledge available and provides many real world opportunities for application of that knowledge. Additionally, we have non-police administrative staff to assist with any day-to-day needs.
Since 2014, K17 Security has actively participated in Operation Hire Maryland. The mission of Operation Hire Maryland is to create an ongoing program which supports employers as they develop or expand upon their veteran hiring and retention initiatives. A large percentage of our team are US military combat veterans. Not only do we employ these veterans, many of which have sacrificed a great deal to protect our nation, but we do so in a manner we can be proud of.
Our law enforcement management team sets the standard for all our employees. We lead by example. The highest level of integrity and ethical behavior is the only acceptable approach.
Additional certifications and experience among our team include:
- Conducting active shooter response training and consulting on behalf of and for several local law enforcement agencies.
- Conduct security assessments of police stations and on behalf of police departments.
- Conduct security assessments of embassies and other government buildings deemed high risk.
- Certified instructors knowledgeable on how adults learn.
- Frequently interviewed by news media outlets
- Active-shooter training for office workers used to be about hiding. Not anymore.
- A gunman opens fire in your building. What do you do?
- Run, Hide…Fight? Responding to Terrorism is not as simple as you think.
- Equipped for the unthinkable.
- Shooting victims remembered at lighting of capitol Christmas tree.
- Drill at VA office building leads to false report of possible active shooter to police.
- Higher education bachelor degrees.
- Crime prevention specialist certifications.
- Actively attend training conferences, seminars and industry events to stay current on best practices and emerging technologies.
- Members of professional security organizations (ASIS & ATAP).
- Military experience and training (Special Forces).
- Security industry accreditations & recognized as subject matter experts.
- Advanced tactical medical skills and knowledge
- Assigned to special units within their respective police departments
- Special Events Response Teams (SERT)
- Emergency Services Unit (ESU)